Finalist for Georgie Awards!Posted on November 10th, 2011
We are proud to announce that two of our 2011 projects have been chosen as finalists in the Georgie Awards!
2011 Finalist – Best Kitchen Renovation under $100,000
A Family Affair – Vancouver BC
- Clients wanted simple understated kitchen, with attention on materials and finishes, ensuring drama in the details!
- The intricate redesign of this kitchen opened it up to the rest of home beyond the client’s wildest dreams.
- The small, dysfunctional, dated kitchen was miraculously transformed into an amazing space with efficient cooking and food preparation and a great gathering place.
- The oversized island anchors the space functioning as a perfect “horizontal picture”.
- Tucked in a cozy alcove just off the kitchen, the eating nook is a fan favourite. Previously, it appeared segregated in a brick faced cranny with a window into dining room. Drywall was installed over brick and built-in banquette allows seating for 6.
- With the kitchen as focal point of the re-design, gatherings can now stretch from 2 – 24 people!
2011 Finalist – Best Single Family Detached Home up to 2,000 Sq. Ft. under $350,000
Life in the Fast Lane – Vancouver BC
The character of this laneway was designed to suit the small scale traditional setting that defines the Main Street corridor.
- This space-conscious structure was kept flexible by providing a large open room to maximize usable area and functionality.
- Small buildings demand less energy, thus this 500sf structure is also efficient. In addition, the materials for the interior included: colored concrete flooring throughout, pre-fabricated millwork for the kitchen thereby reducing
waste during production, energy efficient appliances, large energy efficient windows for effective cooling and heating and energy efficient lighting!
We look forward to the results in March!