Commercial Construction & Tenant Improvement
Klondike Contracting is a leader in retail store and office construction projects.
Acting as your guide, we ensure proactive communication and expert planning to streamline the various permit application processes and the selection of the appropriate consultants and sub-trades for each project to guarantee quality workmanship, competitive pricing and a realistic construction schedule.
Klondike Contracting also provides tremendous value to Strata Corporations in the construction management of their common areas such as lobbies and corridors. These projects are often challenging due to a multitude of competing interests. Thorough planning and clear and proactive communication we ensure sensitivity towards all parties involved, and a clear definition of what a successful projects will look like early in the process. Click here to see our most recent Commercial Projects.
Commercial Design Build 360 by Klondike Contracting
Commercial interior construction projects are inherently complex and filled with many challenges from site selection, lease negotiations, coordinating the consultant teams, dealing with base building upgrades and navigating through the building permit process. In order to ensure your project’s success, a disciplined approach is essential!
COLLABORATIVE DESIGN BUILD
Klondike Contracting is proud to partner with leading Architectural and Interior Design firms on Design Build government, commercial and institutional projects.
Whether it’s a commercial office or retail, restaurant, government office or industrial space, our team is highly experienced at overseeing all aspect of the Design Build process from pre-construction design, permitting and budgeting to a military-precise construction program. From any size tenant improvement to base building projects, we have the processes, systems & experienced team members to complete projects based on our client’s “success parameters”.
The cornerstone of our success is based on our communication protocols. It’s not easy coordinating between our clients and the consultants, landlords, government agencies, suppliers and sub-trades but with our proven Design Build 360 Process, our clients are assured to receive:
- Streamlined Communication
- Accurate Budgets & Schedules
- Unsurpassed Workmanship
- Timely Financial Reporting
Taking a fully integrated approach, Klondike Contracting focuses on building strong relationship with our clients by communicating effectively, innovative value engineering & professional project management. Building Engaging Spaces on budget and on schedule is what we do best!
Design & Budgeting
- Conceptual design development to ensure client’s functional & design objectives are met
- Coordination with consultants’ team, landlord & municipal building permits department
- Draft “Issued for Pricing” drawings in order for us to conduct a competitive tender
- Leverage solid relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices
- Full audit of sub-trade quotes, qualification and experience consistent with this type of project
- Identify value engineering opportunities by suggesting changes in materials & scope of work
- Provide detailed and highly accurate budget broken down by industry standard divisions
- Development of project construction schedule & determine finishes allowance
- Due diligence to identify potential risks in scope of work, schedule and budget
- Site assessment to determine feasibility of proposed scope of work based on site conditions
- Discuss budget range based on initial scope of work and specifications / finishes level
- Full review of the Schedule for “Landlord’s work” in commercial lease agreements
- Identify budget risks and suggest measures to mitigate any unnecessary exposure
- Execute stipulated price or construction management agreement
- Complete drawings and full design specification package
- Procurement of all documents required for permit submission
- Apply for Municipal Building Permit (Ask how we can expedite the permit process)
- Issuance of Purchase Orders and confirmation of materials availability
- Health & safety plan identified & documented in compliance with Worksafe BC
- Notification of project issued to Worksafe BC & any hazardous materials identified
- Set up command center & first aid on site and ensure site is properly secured
- Communication Protocol established for: communication, submittals & site inspections
- Regular cleaning, rubbish removal and inspection of protected surfaces
- Review budget regularly to identify potential cost savings opportunities
- Inspect sub-trades’ progress and quality of work to avoid incurring unnecessary extra charges
- Coordinate consultants’ field reviews and municipal building inspections
- Final Inspections, punch list and review of close out binder complete with warrantees