Residential Construction & Renovation Services
Our name is our reputation and we have been trusted by home owners since 1998.
Whether you are creating more space for your growing family or need to update the finishes of your home, you can count on Klondike to transform your house into a comfortable and functional space. From interior designers, architects, engineers and consultants, to craftsmen, trades people, suppliers and highly knowledgeable in-house staff, Klondike is ready for your renovation project.
Residential Design Build 360 by Klondike Contracting
Residential interior construction projects are inherently complex and filled with many challenges from site conditions, coordinating the consultant teams, dealing with building code upgrades and navigating through the building permit process. In order to ensure your project’s success, a disciplined approach is essential!
COLLABORATIVE DESIGN BUILD
Klondike Contracting is proud to partner with leading Architectural and Interior Design firms on residential interior construction projects.
Whether it’s a single family home or condomimium, our team is highly experienced at overseeing all aspect of the Design Build process from pre-construction design, permitting and budgeting to a professionally managed construction program. We have the processes, systems & experienced to complete projects based on our individual client’s “success parameters”.
The cornerstone of our success is based on our communication protocols. It’s not easy coordinating between our clients and the consultants, city inspector, suppliers and sub-trades but with our proven Design Build 360 Process, our clients are assured to receive:
- Streamlined Communication
- Accurate Budgets & Schedules
- Unsurpassed Workmanship
- Timely Financial Reporting
Taking a fully integrated approach, Klondike Contracting focusses on building strong relationship with our clients by communicating effectively, innovative value engineering & professional project management. Building Engaging Spaces on budget and on schedule is what we do best!
- Due diligence to identify potential risks in scope of work, schedule and budget
- Site assessment to determine feasibility of proposed scope of work based on site conditions
- Discuss budget range based on initial scope of work and specifications / finishes level
- Full review of the Schedule for “Landlord’s work” in commercial lease agreements
- Identify budget risks and suggest measures to mitigate any unnecessary exposure
Design & Budgeting
- Conceptual design development to ensure client’s functional & design objectives are met
- Coordination with consultants’ team, landlord & municipal building permits department
- Draft “Issued for Pricing” drawings in order for us to conduct a competitive tender
- Leverage solid relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices
- Full audit of sub-trade quotes, qualification and experience consistent with this type of project
- Identify value engineering opportunities by suggesting changes in materials & scope of work
- Provide detailed and highly accurate budget broken down by industry standard divisions
- Development of project construction schedule & determine finishes allowance
- Execute stipulated price or construction management agreement
- Complete drawings and full design specification package
- Procurement of all documents required for permit submission
- Apply for Municipal Building Permit (Ask how we can expedite the permit process)
- Issuance of Purchase Orders and confirmation of materials availability
- Health & safety plan identified & documented in compliance with Worksafe BC
- Notification of project issued to Worksafe BC & any hazardous materials identified
- Set up command center & first aid on site and ensure site is properly secured
- Communication Protocol established for: communication, submittals & site inspections
- Regular cleaning, rubbish removal and inspection of protected surfaces
- Review budget regularly to identify potential cost savings opportunities
- Inspect sub-trades’ progress and quality of work to avoid incurring unnecessary extra charges
- Coordinate consultants’ field reviews and municipal building inspections
- Final Inspections, punch list and review of close out binder complete with warrantees